Our hot vacuum forming service, thanks to which we can make an infinite range of customised industrial components and profiles, uses only the highest quality materials suitable for the intended use.
Our technicians have been trained in order to always find the best solution, choosing from the wide variety of top quality polymers such as ABS/PMMA and PETG; we are also able to process and thermoform other materials such as polystyrene (PS) and resin, obtaining increasingly precise pieces without weak points.
The raw material, usually available in coils or sheets, is preheated and then deformed by extracting all the air, and the material thus adheres perfectly to the desired mould. After leaving the component to cool and detach naturally from the mould, it is finished using milling machines and CNC machining centres. We also manage bonding or assembly using specific industrial products and ultrasound welding.
Virdis Srl is at your service: to contact us all you have to do is fill in the form with your details or call the number indicated on these pages. We work throughout Italy and, on the client’s request, also abroad.
Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene is a prized polymer, widely used in industry to manufacture light, resistant objects. Its three main components lend ABS a good degree of processability and personalisation, rigidity and resistance, also at low temperatures.
- Low deformation and shrinkage coefficient during processing and cooling;
- Good rigidity values;
- Good resistance to impacts, flexure, traction, chemical agents;
- Resistant to temperature changes;
- Customisable also with anti-UV ray additives and flame retardants;
- white goods
- blast chillers and industrial freezers
- shells and components of machines and equipment
- pieces for the automotive industry
- bathroom furniture, shower trays, bathtubs
- industrial containers
Polystyrene is a thermoplastic polymer used for several decades for thermal moulding as it is easy to work. It has good mechanical characteristics and is rigid, light and economical. However, it is also very fragile at reduced thicknesses and tends to deform or crack under excessive stresses.
- Reduced deformation or shrinkage during processing and cooling;
- Excellent thermoforming and processing properties;
- Customisable with screen printing or bonding;
- Excellent dielectric and thermal insulation properties;
- Resistant to impacts and to many inorganic chemical compounds;
- Waterproof (but permeable to vapour)
- Technical articles for the industry;
- components for the manufacturing and automotive sector;
- display cases, toys, signs;
- indoor furniture;
- components for white goods and electronic devices.
This material is obtained from the co-extrusion of the two main components, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) and polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA). The flexibility of ABS combines with the rigidity and resistance to atmospheric and chemical agents of the PMMA, that also gives the entire component a glossy effect.
- Good mechanical resistance;
- Rigid, glossy and extremely smooth surface;
- Resistance to chemical and atmospheric agents;
- Good resistance to abrasion and UV rays;
- Easy to work and good dimensional stability.
- Bathroom furniture, shower trays and boxes, bathtubs, washbasins;
- shells for industrial machines;
- external parts and components for automotive sector components;
- white goods;
- ice-makers, blast chillers.
Polyethylene terephthalate glycol copolymer is obtained from the modification of PET with a glycol molecule: it has excellent chemical resistance, is resistant to wear and abrasion, and is therefore widely used in the manufacturing industry. It is appreciated also because it is compatible with foods.
- High resistance to impacts, scratches;
- Good resistant to temperature changes and to flames;
- High transparency and brilliance;
- Easy to work and thermoform;
- Low stress-corrosion cracking tendency;
- Non-toxic and suitable for contact with foods.
- Show and display cases for stores;
- products and containers in contact with foods;
- medical equipment;
- shells and guards for industrial machines;
- indoor and outdoor furniture.
This special polystyrene alloy combines the workability and processibility of styrene materials with excellent chemical resistance. Being compatible with foods and other products for human consumption, it is highly appreciated for food containers; available only in matt finish.
- Excellent resistance to impact and other physical stresses;
- elastic mixture also at low temperatures;
- resistant to stress-cracking caused by oils and animal fats;
- good chemical resistance.
- Cold rooms;
- Food packaging;
- Containers for use in the food&beverage sector;
- Thermoformed profiles.
Thirty years of experience at the service of companies and enterprises: thermoforming, polyurethane foaming and complete production.